“But I think, ultimately, it’s about a family that wants to be united and be together and I’m hoping that will be the case.
“Sometimes conversations are very difficult.
“There’s nothing healthy when you don’t talk, so let’s all wish that for all involved in that particular story.”
King, who attended Meghan’s lavish New York baby shower in 2019, previously said Harry’s talks with his father Prince Charles and his brother Prince William following his and Meghan’s TV interview were “not productive”.
The American breakfast show host told CBS This Morning: “I’m not trying to break news, but I did actually call them to see how they were feeling and it’s true Harry has talked to his brother and he has talked to his father too.
“The word I was given was that those conversations were not productive but they are glad that they have at least started a conversation.
“And I think what is still upsetting to them is that the palace keeps saying they want to work it out privately, but yet they believe these false stories are coming out that are very disparaging against Meghan still – no one in the royal family has talked to Meghan yet.”
The couple, who are expecting their second child, are living in a mansion in California with their young son Archie.
The former Suits star, 39, and the Queen’s grandson, 36, have signed lucrative deals with Netflix and Spotify as they launch new careers across the pond.
Wednesday marked the first anniversary of Megxit.
Ms Junor said: “When Harry and Meghan left a year ago people were surprised and disappointed because they were a great pair.
“Harry was a hugely popular royal and Meghan was a great asset to the family.
“A year on, I think a lot of people are really angry and think that they have betrayed their family and lobbed a huge bomb into the heart of the institution and sort of taken a swipe at the UK as well.”