Royal Family news: Questions over who ‘profits’ from Prince Harry’s new Netflix project | Royal | News

Top Stories


Piers Morgan: I don’t believe what Meghan Markle said

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will create a documentary series about the upcoming Invictus Games. Heart of Invictus, made by their Archewell Productions company, will follow the competitors as they prepare for the 2022 games in The Hague. The production is the first to be confirmed since the couple signed a deal with Netflix, which is worth a reported £100million.

Royal biographer Angela Levin questioned the finances involved in the latest venture in a post on Twitter.

She wrote: “How will any profit be split?”

Netflix said the multi-episode series will join the competitors as they train, and along the way reveal powerful stories of resilience and hope.

The series will also follow the organisers as they work to prepare for the Games.

meghan harry queen oprah interview

Royal Family news: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have again come under attack from Piers Morgan (Image: GETTY)

Harry, who is patron of The Invictus Games Foundation, as well as co-founder of Archewell Productions, said: “Since the very first Invictus Games back in 2014, we knew that each competitor would contribute in their own exceptional way to a mosaic of resilience, determination, and resolve.

“This series will give communities around the world a window into the moving and uplifting stories of these competitors on their path to the Netherlands next year.

“As Archewell Productions’ first series with Netflix, in partnership with the Invictus Games Foundation, I couldn’t be more excited for the journey ahead or prouder of the Invictus community for continuously inspiring global healing, human potential and continued service.”

FOLLOW EXPRESS.CO.UK FOR LIVE UPDATES:

12.10am update: ‘Nothing sacred to this duo!’ Meghan Markle and Harry are cashing in on royal titles -poll

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are cashing in on their royal titles, according to a new poll.

Piers Morgan levelled the accusation at the couple in an interview with conservative US television presenter Tucker Carlson.

The former GMB host slated the couple for their commercial deals with media companies such as Spotify and Netflix. And an exclusive Express.co.uk poll found Mr Morgan’s views were shared by the vast majority of readers.

Melanie Kaidan takes over live reporting from Luke Hawker.

10.45pm update: Prince William holds touching phone call as he hails NHS as ‘most admired organisation’

Prince William has hailed the heroic work of NHS staff during the coronavirus pandemic in an emotional phone call.

The Duke of Cambridge made the glowing tribute in telephone conversation with a consultant working in a Belfast hospital.

The Queen’s grandson also described the NHS as “probably the most admired organisation around”.

Prince William

Prince William speaks to NHS staff (Image: PA)

10.10pm update: Piers Morgan ‘receives messages of gratitude’ from Royal Family after standing up for them

Piers Morgan has reportedly received messages of “gratitude” on behalf of members of the Royal Family, after he “stood up” for them in the aftermath of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s bombshell Oprah Winfrey interview.

Piers Morgan, 55, has revealed he had messages of “gratitude” on behalf of members of the Royal Family.

The former Good Morning Britain host made the admission in an interview with Extra’s Billy Bush, which is set to air Tuesday night.

8.45pm update: Prince William had ‘terrifying’ heart-to-heart with Prince Harry before marrying Kate

Prince William admitted he was “terrified” in a heart-to-heart with his brother Prince Harry before marrying Kate Middleton.

Prince William and his brother Harry “put their differences aside” last week as discussions about the statue of Princess Diana set to be unveiled at Kensington Palace on July 1 continue.

Sculptor Ian Rank-Broadley has reportedly sent the carving to be cast after receiving feedback from the princes.

A source close to the artist said: “It will have been signed off by William and Harry, that much I do know. I know he did work closely with the boys and I think it will be incredible.”

Sources added that a friendly reunion for the cameras between the two princes is still highly unlikely.

Meghan Markle: Nottingham Cottage discussed by expert

7.35pm update: Prince Charles warned he is ‘not equipped’ to lead Royal Family after Queen

Prince Charles is “not equipped” to successfully take over from his mother the Queen, who could become the last British ruling monarch, according to royal commentator Clive Irving.

The Queen has been ruling over the UK and as the head of state of 16 Commonwealth nations for nearly 70 years.

Her Majesty is expected to be followed on the throne by her eldest son, Prince Charles, who has been the longest-serving Prince of Wales in British history.

But according to royal commentator Clive Irving, the Queen could soon become the last monarch of the House of Windsor because of Charles’ “lacking” personality.

6.25pm update: Royal blunder: How William mocked Kate after Duchess’ error at military event

Prince William mocked Kate, Duchess of Cambridge over the “only time” she “put a foot wrong”, during a military event.

The Cambridges will celebrate 10 years of marriage later this month, on April 29. Three children later and thousands of royal functions under their belts,

Kate and William often appear to be the picture of happiness.

The couple, who met at the University of St Andrews, have sought to modernise the Royal Family in recent years by championing a number of mental health causes.

Royal news

The line of succession to the throne (Image: EXPRESS)

6.00pm update: Cashing in! Harry and Meghan’s new Netflix film means ‘it’s down to business’ for Sussexes

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are cashing in on their newfound freedoms from the Royal Family, according to a financial expert, as details of their first venture with Netflix was announced today.

The Duke of Sussex has this afternoon confirmed plans to film a series about the 2022 Invictus Games on Netflix. The inspirational documentary series will be produced by the couple’s Archewell Productions company.

It is the first major collaboration with the streaming giant since a deal, worth a reported £100million, was sealed last year.

Meghan and Harry are no longer working members of the Royal Family after taking the step to become financially independent and base themselves in the A-list hotspot in Los Angeles, California.

Salman Haqqi, personal finance expert at money.co.uk, says the couple now need a “steady income” and it is now “down to business” for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

The financial adviser added the priority for the couple will be to raise their profile in addition to “increasing their commercial earnings”.

4.20pm update: Harry speaks out on Incictus Games documentary on Netflix

The Duke of Sussex said: “Since the very first Invictus Games back in 2014, we knew that each competitor would contribute in their own exceptional way to a mosaic of resilience, determination, and resolve.

“This series will give communities around the world a window into the moving and uplifting stories of these competitors on their path to the Netherlands next year.

“As Archewell Productions’ first series with Netflix, in partnership with the Invictus Games Foundation.

“I couldn’t be more excited for the journey ahead or prouder of the Invictus community for continuously inspiring global healing, human potential and continued service.”

Prince Harry

Prince Harry founded the Invictus Games in 2014 (Image: GETTY)

4.00pm update: Harry and Meghan Netflix film unveiled: Duke and Duchess to release Invictus Games special

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will launch a film on Netflix about the Invictus Games.

The documentary series is titled, Heart of Invictus, and will follow the competitors as they prepare for the 2022 games in The Hague, The Netherlands.

It is the first major production for Meghan and Harry since they signed a multi-million pound deal with the US streaming platform.

The programme will be created by the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s Archewell Productions company.

The inspirational multi-sport games for wounded, injured and sick servicemen and women was created by Harry in 2014.

3.10pm update: Meghan’s issue with Kate and William traced back to Nottingham Cottage dispute

Meghan Markle’s issue with Kate, Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William can be traced back to her and Prince Harry’s stint at Nottingham Cottage within Kensington Palace, a royal author claimed.

In the months after Meghan’s wedding, claims emerged that she and Kate had fallen out, with the Duchess of Cambridge having ended up crying – something which Meghan said had happened the other way round during the Oprah interview.

Even before this, pressure had grown between Harry and William after the elder brother had “offended” him by calling Meghan “this girl”.

This came when William appeared to offer his support, telling Harry: “Don’t feel you need to rush this.”

Tom Quinn, a royal author, speaking to Channel 5’s documentary, ‘Meghan & Harry: Two Troubled Years’ suggested the real animosity came after the couple moved into Nottingham Cottage in Kensington Palace.

He pinpointed the new residence – a small home – compared to William and Kate’s – a large apartment – as having “led to friction”.

royal family meghan markle prince harry

Royal Family news: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s interview with Oprah Winfrey was broadcast last month (Image: GETTY)

1.50pm update: Kate in line for new royal role as Queen prepares to ‘recognise her unique contribution’

Kate Middleton is in line for a new royal role after a commentator claimed the Queen is ready to “recognise” her and Prince William’s loyal service as their ten-year wedding anniversary approaches.

Kate and William are set to celebrate their ten-year wedding anniversary this month.

The pair met long before their 2011 wedding while attending the University of St Andrew’s in 2001. This anniversary not only marks their wedding but also 20 years together.

Now, the pair, and Kate specifically, are expected to be rewarded for their long and loyal service to both country and the crown.

Duncan Larcombe, a royal expert, spoke of how it was “impossible to underestimate just what an achievement this milestone represents”.

Speaking to OK! Magazine for the release of a special collector’s edition this month, Mr Larcombe said: “William and Kate have got through 10 years of marriage and royal duties without so much as a moan.

“Like any couple, they’ve had their ups and downs, their rows and tensions.

“But their commitment to the Queen and to this country has been unwavering… and the controversy over Meghan and Harry’s departure from the UK has made that even clearer.”

royal family kate middleton

Royal Family news: Kate Middleton is in line for a new royal role after a commentator claimed the Queen is ready to ‘recognise’ her and Prince William’s loyal service (Image: GETTY)

1pm update: ‘Diana would be horrified’ Piers Morgan scolds Prince Harry for ‘splitting with William’

Piers Morgan has lashed out at Prince Harry for “splitting with William” as he warned their late mother Princess Diana would be “horrified” by the saga.

Harry did not mince his words about his brother as he admitted they were on “different paths” during his bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey last month.

His comments came just months before William and Harry are also reportedly planning to reunite publicly in July to stand together at the unveiling of a statue for Princess Diana, at Kensington Palace, on what would have been her 60th birthday.

But the former Good Morning Britain host lashed out at Harry for acting like a “whiny brat” by complaining about his family during an interview with Tucker Carlson for Fox News last night.

This was his first interview since quitting his presenting role on ITV after the Duchess of Sussex complained after he said “he didn’t believe” her claims about feeling suicidal as a member of the Royal Family.

12pm update: Queen loses another working royal with just 11 now serving after mystery disappearance

The Queen has lost another member of the working Royal Family during the coronavirus pandemic without most Britons noticing.

Her cousin Princess Alexandra has not done a single royal engagement for eight months. It means the working Royal Family has effectively shrunk from 15 to 11 since November 2019, when Prince Andrew “temporarily” stepped away from official duties amid the Jeffrey Epstein scandal.

He was followed by the departure of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex in March last year.

Britain’s monarchy is following in the footsteps of its European counterparts in slimming down, although the Windsors seem to have done it by accident rather than as a deliberate modernising measure so far.

Alexandra, 84, has suffered bouts of ill-health and also sustained injuries including a broken arm that have kept her off work for spells in the past few years. But although Buckingham Palace declined to comment, royal sources insisted yesterday that the Princess is currently well and has not retired without telling anyone.

They could not, however, explain why she has failed to carry out a single official duty in such a long period.

Her last official engagement listed in the Court Circular was on July 30, 2020 when she marked the 150th anniversary of the British Red Cross by telephoning one of its longest serving volunteers.

piers morgan meghan markle prince harry

Royal Family news: Piers Morgan launched scathing attacks against Meghan Markle and Prince Harry (Image: FOX)

11am update: Royal POLL: Do you agree Harry and Meghan are cashing in on their royal titles? VOTE

Piers Morgan has accused Prince Harry and Meghan Markle of cashing in on their titles to start an independent life in the United States.

In his first TV interview since he departed Good Morning Britain, Mr Morgan spoke to US conservative news personality Tucker Carlson where he openly criticized the royal couple.

In his interview with Mr Carlson, which lasted for more than an hour, he slated the couple for their commercial deals with the likes of Spotify and Netflix.

The former GMB host added: “We’ll be hearing a lot more Royal secrets from them because that’s their only currency.”

Following these comments, we are asking Express.co.uk readers whether you agree Harry and Meghan are cashing in on their royal titles?

10.05am update: ‘Our right in a free country’ Tucker Carlson defends Piers Morgan and labels Meghan ‘fake’

Tucker Calson has raised concerns regarding freedom of speech following Piers Morgan walking away from ITV after disputing Meghan Markle’s claims against the Royal Family.

Mr Carlson stated that Piers Morgan’s departure from ITV has implications for freedom of speech around the world. The Fox News presenter also labelled Meghan Markle the “fake Duchess” during his interview with the former Good Morning Britain host.

Mr Carlson said: “When Piers Morgan was forced off the air last month, we were told it was because he had insulted the fake Duchess from LA.

“But on some level, it was not really about her or about him, it was about all of us and our right to say what we think is true in a supposedly free country.

“It was about free speech and the freedom of conscience.

“He is not on television right now and again that [has] implications for the freedom of speech around the world.”

prince harry meghan markle royal titles

Do you agree Harry and Meghan are cashing in on their royal titles? (Image: GETTY)

9.34am update: ‘He did the unthinkable!’ Harry shamed for destroying William’s trust with leak – poll

Prince Harry destroyed any remaining trust between himself and brother William when details of one of their private conservations was leaked, a poll has indicated.

Express.co.uk polled readers after US talk show host Gayle King shared snippets of private conversations the brothers had following the explosive Oprah Winfrey chat.

During the incendiary 90-minute sit down last month, Meghan Markle and her husband levelled accusations of racism at the Royal Family.

The revelations by Ms King, who is a friend of the couple, left the future king “reeling”, according to sources.

Now Express.co.uk readers have had their say, and conclusively ruled the leak did destroy any remaining trust between the once-close brothers.

An overwhelming 98 percent (3,425) of Express.co.uk readers polled said ‘yes’ when answering the question: “Has Prince Harry destroyed trust with William after the phone call leak?”

Just two percent (51 respondents) disagreed.

9.02am update: ‘I won’t be bullied by the woke brigade’ Piers Morgan refuses to apologise for his beliefs

Piers Morgan insisted he will not be bullied into apologising for his comments on the Meghan Markle Royal Family row.

Former Good Morning Britain host Piers Morgan argued that he still stood by his Meghan Markle comments that he did not believe her claims against the Royal Family.

While speaking to Fox News’s Tucker Carlson, Mr Morgan argued he would not be bullied into making an apology by the “woke brigade”.

He added that he was not sorry for his beliefs and would continue to question Meghan and Prince Harry’s claims.

Mr Morgan also insisted that making apologies does not satisfy the critics as those that have been outspoken have still faced a backlash.

Piers Morgan says he was ‘under attack’ from Meghan Markle

8.30am update: ‘If you don’t believe her – you’re a racist’ Piers Morgan rages at Meghan Markle criticism

Piers Morgan has blasted the furious backlash he suffered after he openly criticised Meghan Markle following the Duchess of Sussex’s interview with Oprah Winfrey.

He sat down with Fox News’s Tucker Carlson to discuss the aftermath of his reaction to Meghan Markle’s interview with Oprah Winfrey.

The former Good Morning Britain presenter stated that he felt he was portrayed as a racist for not believing the Duchess of Sussex’s claims against the Royal Family.

Mr Morgan said: “I was told that you have got to believe Meghan Markle and if you do not believe what she is saying, you are a racist.

be that callous to a woman telling them that she was suicidal.”

8am update: Piers Morgan demands Meghan Markle name royal who denied her help through mental health struggle

Piers Morgan lashed out at Meghan Markle for refusing to name the Royal Family member that she claimed dismissed her claims of being suicidal.

The former Good Morning Britain host snapped at the Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle, in an explosive interview with Fox News’s Tucker Carlson.

Mr Morgan insisted that Meghan was accusing two members of the Royal Family of being exceptionally cruel in how they had treated her.

He insisted that if her claims of racism and dismissive comments regarding her feelings of suicide were true, she should name the two royals.

Mr Morgan added that if Meghan names these two individuals, the public can then hold them to account and question them further.

(Additional reporting by Paul Withers)

meghan markle prince harry timeline

Royal Family news: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry married in May 2018 (Image: EXPRESS)



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *